New supplies – Check. New clothes – Check. New safety habits – Check.
A new school year brings a new routine filled with early morning bus rides, afterschool activities, and homework for days! Why not make sure your family gets through it safely. Make safety a habit this coming school year and commit to keeping your family free from danger. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Obey all traffic laws to and from school
- Post emergency contact numbers on the fridge
- Create evacuation plans for a house fire or other emergency
- Re-stock your first aid kits
- Have the kids memorize important numbers instead of relying on cell phone contacts
- Never leave the house with a candle burning