It’s National Safety Month! We like to celebrate safety every month of the year but the month of June is the official time to celebrate across the nation. The Nation Safety Council has provided some great resources for the month and we are taking advantage of them!
How many things can you check off the list below? (Access the full list here.)
- Have a sturdy step stool with handrails, or a utility ladder to reach high cabinets or shelves
- Hazardous products (household cleaners, disinfectants and insecticides) are stored in their original labeled containers separate from food
- Have a slip-resistant surface in the shower or tub
- Electrical appliances are unplugged when not in use
- Have a safety screen in place in front of fireplace
- TVs are properly secured to walls or in or on a sturdy cabinet
- Phone and flashlight are located near beds
- Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are outside of sleeping area, with working battery
Basement or Utility Room:
- Gas and water lines are tagged (so you can turn them off in an emergency)
- Washer and dryer are electrically grounded
Not into checklists? Try the crossword puzzle the National Safety Council put together. Happy Safety Month!