Here are some trick-or-treating tips from our friends at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Have a Happy and Safe Halloween!
- Swords, knives, and similar costume accessories should be short, soft, and flexible.
- Avoid trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Fasten reflective tape to costumes and bags.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them.
- Hold a flashlight while trick-or-treating to help you see and others see you.
- Always WALK and don’t run from house to house.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use established crosswalks wherever possible.
- Only walk on sidewalks whenever possible, or on the far edge of the road facing traffic to stay safe.
- Wear well-fitting masks, costumes, and shoes to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.