Summer is the season of mowing lawns. A lawn tractor is smaller than traditional tractors, but the potential for injury is there. As such, lawn mowers need to be treated with the same respect.
Long pants, sturdy shoes, and sunglasses will help protect you from any random flying objects.
Don’t forget safe operating procedures:
• Mow across slopes when using a walk behind mower.
• Mow up and down slopes when using a riding mower.
• Mow dry grass.
• Never point the discharge chute at anyone.
• Never drive or push a running mower over gravel.
• Shut off the engine before servicing.
• Always fill the gas tank outside of any buildings and only when the engine is cool.
• Keep the engine free of oil spills, grass, and leaves.